- Remote sensing with infrared lasers.
- Applications of quantum cascade lasers.
- Measurement of stress in tempered glass.
- Laser based portable isotope ratio instrumentation.
- Ultra-trace isotope ratio measurements by laser ionization.
- Atomic spectroscopy.
- Post-doctoral research for 2 years in the Physical Chemistry Department, Cambridge University
- Ph.D., in Physical Chemistry from University of Wisconsin-Madison
- B.A., (Honors College) in Chemistry (with Honors), Physics, and Math, University of Oregon
- Optical Society of America (OSA)